- 2 sheets (300g) shortcrust pastry
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 350g spinach, tough stems removed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 4 Henergy cage-free eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 24cm tart tin with pastry and bake blind for 15 minutes before removing weights and cooking for another 3-5 minutes until the pastry is a light biscuit colour.
- Heat a film of oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion.
- Add the spinach, parsley and dill to the pan and cook for a few minutes until spinach has wilted.
- Transfer ingredients from the pan into the bowl of a blender, add eggs, Parmesan and feta. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pulse until well mixed but not smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust, sprinkle over the sliced spring onions and dust with nutmeg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until quiche is just set.
- Serve warm.