- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup almonds, roasted and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 Henergy Cage-Free eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 75g butter
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and melt the butter with the olive oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then cook until golden on both sides.
- Reduce the heat and then add the onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, and turmeric to the pan. Gently cook for 15 minutes or until the onion feels reasonably soft.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan along with the almonds, lemon and parsley.
- Heat for a minute or so before pouring in the eggs, stirring well as you do so. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring continuously.
- Stir through the sultanas and then take the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Heat the oven to 180 C.
- Melt the 75g butter and make 3 stacks of filo with 4 slices in each stack.
- Brush butter in between each layer.
- Line 5 x 1 1/2 capacity pie dishes with pastry. Spoon in the cooled filling and then cover with a pastry lid and brush again with butter. Press edges together to seal.
- Scatter with extra chopped almonds if you like.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve with steamed greens or a green salad.