Baked Croque Monsieur
- 8 slices toast bread
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 thick slices of Champagne ham
- 100g tasty cheddar cheese, sliced
- 25g butter
- 6 Henergy cage-free eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Spread 4 of the bread slices with Dijon mustard, top with ham and then sliced cheese. Cover with remaining bread slices to form 4 sandwiches.
- Using the butter, grease the base and sides of a 35 x 26cm rectangular baking dish.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and arrange the slices in a single layer over the base of the dish.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs and milk together, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread.
- Set the dish aside while the oven heats to 180°C. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and firm.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.