Asparagus Quiche with Cauliflower Crust
- 1 medium head cauliflower, divided into florets
- 1 Henergy Cage Free Egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 4 Henergy Cage Free Eggs
- 400ml cream
- 3/4 cup grated tasty Cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a 22cm quiche dish.
- Place the cauliflower florets into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until a cous cous type texture.
- Tip the processed cauliflower into a shallow tray and bake for about 15 minutes, this is just to release excess moisture. Allow to cool.
- Combine the cauliflower, egg and parmesan cheese in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the sides and base of the quiche dish and cook for 15 minutes or until just golden.
- While the base is cooking gently cook the onion in a little oil in a frying pan just until tender.
- Lightly cook the asparagus in boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Arrange the onion over the base of the cauliflower crust and then arrange asparagus spears on top.
- Pour over the cream mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and then bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving.