Hot Cross Bun French Toast
- 4 Hot Cross Buns
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 Henergy Cage-free eggs
- 25g butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- maple syrup
- Slice each hot cross bun horizontally into thirds
- Whisk the milk and eggs together and place in a shallow bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Dip the hot cross bun slices into the egg mixture, turning so that they evenly absorb the liquid.
- Carefully lift the bun slices from the egg mixture and pan fry until golden on both sides.
- While the buns are cooking combine the cinnamon and sugar together in a shallow bowl. Stir to mix.
- Dip each bun slice into the cinnamon sugar, lightly coating.
- Serve warm drizzled with a little maple syrup