Helen's Latest Recipes
- 5 courgettes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Henergy Cage-Free Eggs
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 30g butter
- 6-8 sheets filo pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Grate the courgettes into a colander, sprinkle with a little salt and set aside to drain.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the onion until tender.
- Add the courgette to the pan and cook for a 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring at times.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a large bowl and mix in the onion, courgette, feta, Parmesan, mint and lemon rind.
- Melt the butter and brush the base and sides of a lasagne style baking dish. Size isn't too critical as it will just be a shallow or deeper pie.
- Layer half of the sheets of filo into the dish, brushing with butter in between each layer.
- Pile the courgette filling into the dish and then cover with remaining pastry, brushing the butter in between each layer and brushing the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes in a lower shelf of the oven until pastry is crisp and golden.